Quick and Easy
1 block of extra firm tofu; drained, pressed, and cut into cubes.
I like to press my tofu for about 30 minutes so it will soak up all of that good flavor!
- 13 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (low sodium)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 14–12 tsp red pepper flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Mix together all of the ingredients except for tofu and oil in a dish. Place tofu in marinade, gently tossing to make sure it is covered. Let marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes. I do this in the morning so it’s ready to cook when I get home.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet, add in tofu (not marinade), and cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, turning tofu a couple of times, until browned.
- Add marinade to the pan, and cook until evaporated.
- I serve this with pasta or couscous, and a veggie or salad. This recipe would also be good in meal prep.