- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8oz fresh green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- 14 cup tamari (can substitute soy sauce or coconut aminos)
- 14 cup rice vinegar (can substitute white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (can substitute agave)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 12 cup water
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a deep, non-stick pan. Cook garlic until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, and then add green beans. Cook 3-5 minutes more. You want the green beans to be softened but still have a little bite to them.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except sesame seeds), stir well, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice to make a meal.